Simple, Sweet & Tasty, This Almond Pastry Puff Is Delicious While Keeping It Light
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon heavy cream (whipping cream)
• 3/4 c powder sugar, plus extra for dusting
• 2 large free-range eggs
• I package gluten free puff pastry sheets, (cold)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place almond flour in a food processor with the processor running, add the cream, sugar, 1 egg and a pinch of sea salt until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula, if needed.
3. Halve the pastry, shape into two rounds and, working quickly, dusting with icing sugar as you go to stop the pastry sticking, roll out between two sheets of greaseproof paper until they’re just about 1/8 inch thick.
4. Place one round on the lined tray. Spread the almond paste on top, leaving a ¾ inch gap at the edges. Put the other round on top and gently push together. Quickly seal the edges with the back of a fork. Egg wash the top, then dust over an extra layer of sugar.
5. Gently push your finger into the middle of the pastry, then, with a sharp knife, very delicately make little lines from the center to the outside.
6. Bake on the bottom of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed up and golden, dusting with a little extra powder sugar before serving. Enjoy!